- It takes as little at 10 to 15 minutes to fill out your entire profile
- All you have to do is provide basic information about yourself to sign up
- You can see most of a member's pictures without signing up for a paid membership
- Lots of special features
- A paid membership is required to message people
- Most members are under 44
- Profile verification makes the site very safe
- Large user base
- Has an iOs and Android app
- Core features are provided at no cost
- Frequent technical difficulties (site is down, etc.)
- No identity verification process
- Launched in 2003 and still popular today
- Plenty of functionality
- Many special features
- Desktop site is harder to use than app
- Most members are under 44
What are Personals?
An online dating site allows you to upload a profile, often for free initially, and search and browse other member's profiles seeking someone of interest. On most sites you can filter searches based on multiple criteria, for example height, education and if someone has children or not, to find someone who has the characteristics that most appeal to you.
Often you can send a 'kiss', 'wink', or 'smile' to another member for free to indicate that you may be interested in making contact with them. To communicate further, you generally need to buy a paid membership and costs are mostly very reasonable for this.
Why Choose Personals?
Peronals are great for singles looking to meet new people, date and also for those seeking a longer term relationship.
You can usually get started quickly compared to other sites such as matchmaking services as you can search for and contact members immediately rather than wait for match suggestions.
If you are quite relaxed about online dating and have the time to search and browse profiles, personals offer enable you to check out a large number of potential matches to find those you feel you'll click with.
How Do Personals Differ from Other Sites?
Personals appeal to a broad range of people with a number of different objectives. Some will be seeking new friends, many will be looking to date and see what happens and a lot wil be seeking a longer term relationship. Unlike matchmaker services which are usually based on a personality survey that is used to identify highly compatible matches for primarily long term relationships, or casual dating sites which are usually for individuals seeking adult fun and encounters, personals are a little more relaxed.
What are the Benefits of Personals?
- Usually they have high membership bases so you'll have plenty of choice
- You can search and browse other member's profiles based on specific criteria important to you
- Most sites will have some form of free messaging to gauge interest from other members before paying